Visa for Germany

Which visa do I need?

Screenshot of the Visa Navigator's website
Start page of the Visa Navigator© Federal Foreign Office

Citizens of Senegal, Gambia and Guinea-Bissau need a visa to enter Germany.
and Guinea-Bissau require a visa.
The type of visa depends on the duration of your planned stay. If you only want to for a short time, e.g. as a tourist? Or are you planning a longer longer stay, e.g. for studies?
Finding the right visa quickly: With the help of the VISA-NAVIGATOR you can find out which visa is suitable for you.

Where do I apply for my visa?

The office responsible for your visa application depends on your place of residence and the visa category.

You can find more information about the office responsible for you here.

Where can I find out more about the visa procedure?

You can find out more about the visa procedure on the website of the Federal Foreign Office. You can also find information on the Schengen visa procedure and the national visa procedure on the website of the Embassy in Dakar.

How do I make an appointment?

You must make an appointment to apply for a visa at the Embassy in Dakar. Appointments are only made online - not by e-mail or telephone!

You can book an appointment at the Embassy Dakar here: Online booking of an application appointment

Please make sure to book the appointment for the correct visa category. Applicants who have booked the wrong visa category will be rejected!

Family reunification for beneficiaries of subsidiary protection

Since 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, underage unmarried children and parents of underage children) of beneficiaries of subsidiary protection can apply for family reunification visas. Family members can register for an appointment to submit their visa application here.

Where can I find information on data protection in the visa procedure?

Information on how your personal data is processed in the visa procedure can be found here.

What documents do I need?

This depends on the visa category you require. You can find out more on the following pages:

Top of page